12.1 Employee-requested Relocation
12.1.1 The Departmental National Coordinator shall ensure that:
- employees are provided with counselling and written confirmation on the applicable provisions of this Directive; and
- copies of all correspondence are retained on the employee's relocation file.
12.1.2 An employee-requested transfer that results in an authorized relocation to a position at the appropriate group and level which is vacant on arrival at the new place of duty shall be deemed to be an employer-requested relocation subject to the following:
- The relocated employee shall be reimbursed relocation expenses within the limits prescribed in this Directive, unless the deputy head or senior delegated officer provides written certification that, had the vacant position not been filled as a result of an employee-requested transfer, it would have been filled through normal staffing procedures without relocation expenses being incurred.
- When a position is so certified, the employee is entitled to:
- the sum of up to five thousand dollars ($5,000.00) in their Customized Fund;
- the Core and Personalized Funds do not apply;
- unused or remaining monies shall be returned to the Receiver General of Canada/department and are not payable to the employee as a cash-payout.; and
- a contract with a relocation services supplier who will provide the employee with professional assistance such as counselling on the relocation benefits available, guidance on accommodation at the new location and expense management.
12.1.3 Relocation expenses include but are not limited to HHT, DHIT, Interim Accommodation, Travel to new Location, Movement of HG&E, Rental of Vehicle, Child Care and Pet Care.
- There is no assistance for disposal or acquisition of a principal residence, including rental related expenses.
12.1.4 Employees may claim a Non-Accountable Incidental Expense Allowance in the amount of $650 as part of the $5,000.00 allocation of Customized funds.
- Receipts are not required however they should be retained by the employee in the event of a tax audit.
- The employee must sign a statement certifying that the expenses were incurred.
12.1.5 The department is to arrange for the shipment of the relocating employee's HG&E through CRS.
12.1.6 All commercial travel arrangements are to be made through the federal government's contracted travel services. Employees are governed by the NJC Travel Directive.