The Annual Seminar of the National Joint Council (NJC) was held in the National Capital Region on September 20, 2017 at the Shaw Centre.
This event provided a unique opportunity for Senior Management to meet with the Bargaining Agents to discuss areas of common interest in an informal setting.
This year's Seminar theme was: Communication.
Here are a few highlights of the Seminar's program:
- Why (and How) Personality Matters at the NJC
- Phoenix – Communications Breakdown
- Youth Panel – The Challenges of Working in the Federal Public Service
- An Expert on Nonverbal Communication
- An Expert on Communication Strategies for Union-Management Consultation
The organizing Committee hoped that participants would leave the Seminar with a better understanding of how better communication can be achieved in the workplace.
Seminar invitations were sent to the Heads of Human Resources of Employer Side participating members of the NJC as well as Bargaining Agent Side members.
Please note that the Seminar attendance is by invitation only.