The Dental Care Board of Management (NJC Part) is responsible for the overall administration of the Plan, resolving members' complaints regarding eligibility or claims disputes with the Administrator, monitoring the claims settlement performance of the Administrator, and recommending changes to the Plan.
Committee Advisor: Jennifer.Ballantyne@njc-cnm.gc.ca
Quarterly Report to the National Joint Council (September 2018)
- The Board has met twice (2) since the last Council meeting and examined sixteen (16) appeals.
- Dr. Peter Cooney has been renewed as the Chair for a term of three years.
- The Board continues to await the appointment of Mireille Vallière, from CAPE, further to her nomination by the Bargaining Agent Side Secretary in June 2017.
- The Board reviewed sixteen (16) appeals regarding benefits denied for services. Ten (10) were denied in accordance with the limitations of the Plan, five (5) were granted as treatment was deemed to be reasonable and customary and one (1) was granted in part as payments for claims were reasonable up to a specific date.
Plan negotiation activities:
- At its meeting on June 20, 2018, the Board received an update on the status of Plan negotiations from TBS.
- With the view of conducting separate negotiations, TBS met with PSAC regarding seven improvements financed by best practices.
- Based on previous data the Board has received with respect to the Plan, issues were identified for further consideration and possible recommendations.
- The Board has nine (9) outstanding appeals; of these, five (5) are ready to be heard and four (4) are awaiting comments from the Administrator.
Next meeting: October 10, 2018