The Dental Care Board of Management (NJC Part) is responsible for the overall administration of the Plan, resolving members' complaints regarding eligibility or claims disputes with the Administrator, monitoring the claims settlement performance of the Administrator, and recommending changes to the Plan.
Committee Advisor: Jennifer.Ballantyne@njc-cnm.gc.ca
Quarterly Report to the National Joint Council (December 2018)
- The Board has met once (1) since the last Council meeting.
- The Board welcomed a new Bargaining Agent Side member, Mireille Vallière, CAPE.
- The Board received financial updates and a presentation from GWL on the new platform for GroupNet. The new platform will feature capabilities for any mobile device and eventually include a photo submission feature to submit dental claims.
- The Board continues to gather information to determine whether there is overuse or misuse of dental procedures.
Plan negotiation activities:
- At its meeting on October 10, 2018, the Board received an update on the status of Plan negotiations from TBS.
- Following an arbitration process, a decision between TBS and PSAC was issued October 1, 2018, and the award will cover a three year period commencing January 1, 2019. The same offer will be extended to all the components with the option of either adopting the Appeal Board Decision or continuing negotiations.
- The Board has fifteen (15) outstanding appeals; of these, twelve (12) are scheduled to be heard and three (3) are awaiting comments from the Administrator.
Next meeting: February 5, 2019