The Relocation Committee reviews the Relocation Directive and hears final level grievances on this authority, when required by the Executive Committee. The Committee also recommends changes to various rates and premiums on a periodic basis.
Committee Advisor: David.Le@njc-cnm.gc.ca
Quarterly Report to the National Joint Council (March 2018)
- The Committee has met four (4) times since the last Council meeting and has examined two (2) grievances.
- The Committee heard grievances related to Interim Accommodations, Meals and Miscellaneous Relocation Allowance (IAM&MA) and the Real Estate Commission Savings.
- The Committee wishes to note the departure of Suzanne Leroux, from CSE, and thank her for her contribution to the Committee.
- The Committee welcomed a new Employer Side member, Nadia Desmeules, from CSE.
Cyclical review activities:
- The Relocation Committee has begun co-developing revisions to the Directive and has scheduled an additional meeting every month dedicated to cyclical review discussions.
- Six (6) grievances: one (1) grievance pertains to commuting assistance; one (1) grievance pertains to relocation expenses; one (1) grievance pertains to an extension request; one (1) grievance pertains to co-ownership; one (1) grievance pertains to employee-requested relocation and one (1) grievance is held in abeyance pending a tentative settlement.
- It should be noted that this time last year, the Committee had 10 outstanding grievances. Also, over the last fiscal year, the Committee has seen an increase in grievances related to requests to extend the one year time limit to relocate.
Next meeting: June 19, 2018