The Foreign Service Directives Committee reviews and recommends changes to the Foreign Service Directives and hears final level grievances on these authorities, when required by the Executive Committee. The Committee also recommends changes to various rates and premiums on a periodic basis.
Committee Advisor: David.Le@njc-cnm.gc.ca
Quarterly Report to the National Joint Council (September 2017)
- The Committee has met three (3) times and had three (3) sub-committee meetings since the last Council meeting.
- The Committee wishes to note the departure of Jennifer George, from PIPSC, and Shauna Parr, from PAFSO and thank them for their contribution to the Committee.
- The Committee welcomed new Bargaining Agent Side members, Bruno Hamel, from PIPSC and Joëlle Parent, from PAFSO.
Cyclical review activities:
- The FSD Committee has been working diligently on the cyclical review of the Foreign Service Directives.
- The full Committee met to go over both Bargaining Agent side and Employer Side proposals and have now broken into sub-committees to co-develop revisions to the Directives. The sub-committees will report back to the full Committee for approval on a regular basis.
- As it currently stands, there are (11) sub-committees in total and they have been broken down based on criteria such as: Health, Shelter, Education/Transportation, Allowances, and Travel.
- Three sub-committees met once over the summer and have 5 more meetings scheduled over September and October.
- Two (2) grievances: one (1) grievance pertains to a shelter cost waiver extension and is pending additional information from the Department, and one (1) pertains to relocation and is pending additional information from the Department.
Next meeting: January 4, 2018