The Foreign Service Directives Committee reviews and recommends changes to the Foreign Service Directives and hears final level grievances on these authorities, when required by the Executive Committee. The Committee also recommends changes to various rates and premiums on a periodic basis.
Committee Advisor: David.Le@njc-cnm.gc.ca
Quarterly Report to the National Joint Council (December 2017)
- The Committee has not met since the last Council meeting, however, the FSD sub-committees have met seventeen (17) times.
- The Committee wishes to note the departure of Joëlle Parent and George Clayburn, from PAFSO and thank them for their contribution to the Committee.
- The Committee welcomed a new Bargaining Agent Side member, Paul Raven, from PAFSO.
Cyclical review activities:
- The FSD sub-committees continue to meet regularly to co-develop revisions to the Directives.
- At the last Council meeting, it was reported that cyclical review of the FSDs would be broken into 11 sub-committees.
- As of this date, the work of 3 sub-committees (Short Term Assignments, Health and Pre-posting) is near complete and 3 more sub-committees have launched (Relocation, Shelter and Principal Residence).
- The Committee has forecasted all 11 sub-committees completing their work by fall 2018.
- Two (2) grievances: one (1) grievance pertains to a shelter cost waiver extension and is pending additional information from the Department, and one (1) pertains to relocation and is pending additional information from the Bargaining Agent.
Next meeting: March 8, 2018