The Foreign Service Directives Committee reviews and recommends changes to the Foreign Service Directives and hears final level grievances on these authorities, when required by the Executive Committee. The Committee also recommends changes to various rates and premiums on a periodic basis.
Committee Advisor: David.Le@njc-cnm.gc.ca
Quarterly Report to the National Joint Council (December 2018)
- The Committee has met three (3) times since the last Council meeting and examined one grievance concerning FSD 34 – Education Allowances.
- The Committee wishes to note the departure of Mia Yen, from GAC, and Tai Deguefe, from IRCC and thank them for their contribution to the Committee.
- The Committee welcomed new Employer Side members, Martine Moreau, from GAC, and Martina Stvan from IRCC.
Cyclical review activities:
- The FSD sub-committees have met eight (8) times since the last Council meeting.
- The Committee is pleased to announce that cyclical review and co-development of the new Foreign Service Directives are complete and a report was tabled for Executive Committee approval at their November meeting.
- In the report, it was highlighted that the sub-committees met over 80 times over the course of the last 16 months.
- It has been recommended that the new FSDs come into effect April 1, 2019.
- Six (6) grievances: one (1) grievance pertains to shipment of PMV and is scheduled for December; one (1) grievance pertains to Incidental Relocation Expense Allowance and is to be scheduled; one (1) grievance pertains to crown-held accommodations, one (1) grievance pertains to House Hunting Trips; one (1) grievance pertains to Allowances at post and one (1) grievance pertains to Damage and/or Loss Claims.
Next meeting: February 7, 2019