The Government Travel Committee reviews the Government Travel Directive and the Commuting Assistance Directive and hears final level grievances on these authorities, when required by the Executive Committee. The Committee also recommends changes to various rates and premiums on a periodic basis.
Committee Advisor: Michelle.Clement@njc-cnm.gc.ca
Quarterly Report to the National Joint Council (September 2017)
- The Committee has not meet since the last Council meeting.
- The Committee welcomed two new Employer Side members: Shairoz Moledina, DFO, and Karine Renoux, INAC.
- As approved by the Executive Committee, a Foreign Exchange Rate Calculator, as well as the related guide and methodology, have been designed and posted on the revamped NJC website.
- Further to multiple requests to provide the information from Appendix D in an electronic form file, Appendix D is now available in a raw data format upon request.
- Thirteen (13) grievances: one (1) grievance is in abeyance as the parties attempt to settle the issues; two (2) are scheduled for hearing; three (3) are to be scheduled for hearing, one (1) will be referred to the Executive Committee for decision on precedence, the NJC Secretariat is awaiting additional information from the parties on one (1) grievance; and five (5) grievances are in analysis with the Committee Advisor.
Next meeting: December 14, 2017