The Isolated Posts and Government Housing Committee reviews and recommends changes to the Isolated Posts and Government Housing Directives and hears final level grievances on these authorities, when required by the Executive Committee. The Committee also recommends changes to various rates and allowances on a periodic basis.
Committee Advisor: Jennifer.Purdy@njc-cnm.gc.ca
Quarterly Report to the National Joint Council (September 2018)
- The Committee met once (1) since the last Council meeting.
- The Committee could not reach a consensus regarding the 2017 assessment of the Environment Allowance. As such the matter was referred to the Executive Committee for a decision.
- The Committee submitted a request to the Executive Committee to continue using the interim methodology for the calculation of the Shelter Cost Differential (SCD) for the period from August 1, 2018 to July 31, 2019.
- The Committee completed a Communiqué for employees pertaining to the method of calculation of the Vacation Travel Assistance (VTA) which will be published on the NJC website.
- The Committee agreed to the Living Cost Differential (LCD) Results for Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
Seven (7) grievances:Six (6) pertain to Vacation Travel Assistance (VTA) of which four (4) have been placed in abeyance by the parties or by Executive Committee pending a decision by the FPSLREB, one (1) has been scheduled and will be heard in November and one (1) has been referred to the Executive Committee for a decision on timeliness.
- The final grievance concerns non-elective medical treatment and is at the analysis stage.
Next meeting: January 29, 2019