The Isolated Posts and Government Housing Committee reviews and recommends changes to the Isolated Posts and Government Housing Directives and hears final level grievances on these authorities, when required by the Executive Committee. The Committee also recommends changes to various rates and allowances on a periodic basis.
Committee Advisor: Michelle.Clément@njc-cnm.gc.ca
Quarterly Report to the National Joint Council (March 2018)
- The Committee met three times (3) since the last Council meeting and has examined one (1) grievance.
- The Committee reviewed the results of the 2017 Environment Allowance review provided by Statistics Canada. A working group was formed with Committee members and Statistics Canada to address some of the Committee’s concerns. The Committee agreed to adopt the National Road Network (NRC) file created by NRCan, a new tool for Geographic Information System technology.
- The Committee wishes to note the departure of Nathalie Leblanc from SSHRC, Francine Gélinas from TBS and Grace Chychul from PIPSC and thank them for their contribution to the Committee.
- The Committee welcomed a new Bargaining Agent Side member, Dulce Cuenca from PIPSC and two new Employer Side members, Patrick Giroux from NRCan and Brigitte Paris from TBS.
- Seven (7) grievances: four (4) grievances pertaining Vacation Travel Assistance have been placed in abeyance by the parties or by Executive Committee pending a decision by the FPSLREB; two (2) grievances pertaining to Vacation Travel Assistance are at various stages of the NJC Secretariat process. One (1) grievance is awaiting additional information from Bargaining Agent concerning position on the objection to timeliness.
- As evidenced, the majority of the grievances deal with Vacation Travel Assistance (VTA). The Committee is currently working on a Communiqué for employees pertaining to the method of calculation of the VTA.
Next meeting: June 26, 2018