The Isolated Posts and Government Housing Committee reviews and recommends changes to the Isolated Posts and Government Housing Directives and hears final level grievances on these authorities, when required by the Executive Committee. The Committee also recommends changes to various rates and allowances on a periodic basis.
Committee Advisor: Michelle.Clément@njc-cnm.gc.ca
Quarterly Report to the National Joint Council (December 2017)
- The Committee met twice (2) since the last Council meeting and has examined one (1) grievance.
- The Committee reviewed the results of the 2017 Environment Allowance review provided by Statistics Canada. Statistics Canada gave a presentation and addressed some of the Committee’s concerns.
- The Committee wishes to note the departure of Doug Marshall from PSAC - UNE and thank him for his contribution to the Committee.
- The Committee welcomed a new Bargaining Agent Side member, Kevin King, from PSAC - UNE.
- Eight (8) grievances: five (5) grievances pertaining to the Environmental Allowance and Vacation Travel Assistance have been placed in abeyance; one (1) grievance is scheduled for hearing December 19, 2017; two (2) grievances are in analysis with the Committee Advisor.
Next meeting: March 27, 2018