The Relocation Committee reviews the Relocation Directive and hears final level grievances on this authority, when required by the Executive Committee. The Committee also recommends changes to various rates and premiums on a periodic basis.
Committee Advisor: David.Le@njc-cnm.gc.ca
Quarterly Report to the National Joint Council (September 2019)
- The Committee has met once (1) since the last Council meeting.
- The Committee wishes to note the departure of Shawn Vincent, from PSAC and thank him for his contribution to the Committee.
- The Committee welcomed a new Bargaining Agent Side member, Janson LaBond, from PSAC.
Cyclical review activities:
- The Committee has completed its review of the NJC Relocation Directive and has prepared its final Report which will be presented to the Executive Committee later this month.
- The Committee has recommended an effective date of April 1, 2020, and in the interim, will be developing its communiqué and Frequently Asked Questions which will be posted along with the new Directive.
- Five (5) grievances:
- One (1) pertains to relocation expenses and is scheduled for December;
- Two (2) are in the process of being scheduled with the first related to Employee-requested relocation and the second to Sale of Home;
- One (1) pertains to Employee-requested Relocation and has been referred directly to the Executive Committee; and
- One (1) pertains to Employer Requested Relocation and is at the analysis stage.
Next meeting: December 17, 2019