The Foreign Service Directives Committee reviews and recommends changes to the Foreign Service Directives and hears final level grievances on these authorities, when required by the Executive Committee. The Committee also recommends changes to various rates and premiums on a periodic basis.
Committee Advisor: JF.Gosselin-Dubois@njc-cnm.gc.ca (Jean-Félix)
Quarterly Report to the National Joint Council (September 2019)
- The Committee has met once (1) since the last Council meeting and examined one (1) Request for Interpretation related to FSD 2 - Appendix B – Common-Law Partner – Break in Period of Cohabitation.
- The Committee wishes to note the departure of Major Kate Low from DND and Martina Stvan from IRCC and thank them for their contribution to the Committee.
- The Committee welcomed two new Employer Side members, Major James Landé from DND and Jacquelyn Facette from IRCC.
- Six (6) grievances:
- One (1) pertains to Education Assistance at a Lycée in Canada and is scheduled for December;
- One (1) pertains to Temporary Accommodations and is at the analysis stage;
- Three (3) are pending additional information from the Employer and are respectively related to Vacation Travel Assistance, Education Travel, and Special Family Separation Assistance; and
- One (1) pertains to allowances at post and is being held in abeyance at the request of the parties.
Next meeting: January 9, 2020