The Occupational Health and Safety Committee reviews and makes recommendations on present and proposed Public Service policies and standards on occupational safety and health and other directly related subjects.
This Committee reviews the Uniforms Directive, the Directive on First Aid to the General Public - Allowance for Employees and the Occupational Health and Safety Directive and hears final level grievances on these authorities, when required by the Executive Committee.
Committee Advisor: Jennifer.Purdy@njc-cnm.gc.ca
Quarterly Report to the National Joint Council (September 2019)
- The Committee has met twice (2) since the last Council meeting to address cyclical review proposals.
- The Committee wishes to note the departure of Stuart Wright from TBS and Bruce Christianson from the RCMP and thank them for their contribution to the Committee.
- The Committee welcomed two new Employer Side members: Annie Gagnon and Arik Payette, both from TBS.
Cyclical review activities:
- At the Executive Committee’s June meeting, it was agreed to refer the input received, with the exception of the thirty-five (35) items identified as new, to the Occupational Health and Safety Committee for consultation.
- As such, the OHS Committee met once in July and once in August to review the proposals submitted under the Occupational Health and Safety Directive, Uniforms Directive and First Aid to the General Public – Allowance for Employees. The Committee is at the initial stages of understanding the rationale behind all proposals and recognizing which proposals are of mutual interest to both Sides. The Committee has scheduled several additional meetings over the upcoming months with the intent to meet the Executive Committee’s deadline to complete the cyclical review.
Next meetings: December 19, 2019