The Official Languages Committee reviews the Bilingualism Bonus Directive and hears final level grievances on the directive, when required by the Executive Committee. The Committee also reviews official languages policies in the Public Service and discusses issues arising from these policies.
Committee Advisor: Eden.Bedard@njc-cnm.gc.ca
Quarterly Report to the National Joint Council (June 2022)
- The Committee has met once (1) since the last Council meeting.
- The Committee wishes to note the departure of Isabelle Lemieux from CBSA and to thank her for her contributions to the Committee.
- The Committee welcomed new Employer Side member, Carsten Quell, from TBS.
- The Committee received an update from Canadian Heritage about the Modernization of the Official Languages Act project. This presentation provided the Committee with an update on the status of the project and an overview of Bill C-13.
- The Committee received a presentation from Radio-Canada about Mauril, an application designed to help improve oral comprehension and integrate language knowledge in both official languages.
- The Committee’s Achievements Report for 2021-2022, as well as their Work Plan for 2022-2023 were reviewed by the Executive Committee.
Next meeting: November 1, 2022