The Official Languages Committee reviews the Bilingualism Bonus Directive and hears final level grievances on the directive, when required by the Executive Committee. The Committee also reviews official languages policies in the Public Service and discusses issues arising from these policies.
Committee Advisor: Eden.Bedard@njc-cnm.gc.ca
Quarterly Report to the National Joint Council (December 2020)
- The Committee has met twice (2) since the last Council meeting.
- The Committee wishes to note the departure of Julie Chiasson from PSAC and to thank her for her contributions to the Committee.
- The Committee welcomed a new Bargaining Agent Side member: Pierre-Samuel Proulx from PSAC.
- The Committee received an updated presentation from the Public Service Commission (PSC) on the proposed changes to the Public Service Employment Regulations as they pertain to official languages in acting appointments.
- The Committee also received a presentation from the PSC concerning second language evaluations, particularly in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Next meeting: May 4, 2021